Who is it for?
Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs)
Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning to help them develop into effective practitioners with vital information on the theory behind strategies and practical ideas from experienced teachers.
The course covers a range of areas including: Interacting with stakeholders, Building positive relationships, Effective Time management, Assessment for Learning, Creative teaching strategies, Mind-set, Numeracy and Literacy across the curriculum.
Duration: 12 after school sessions:
- Creating a Positive Environment for Learning:Routines & Language for Learning
- Marking & Feedback
- Effective Questioning
- Creating Challenge
- Ingredients of an Outstanding Lesson
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- Numeracy Across the Curriculum
- Creative Teaching
- Mindsets: Conversations for Success
- Career Next Steps - Moving into your RQT year